Sunday, February 14, 2010

The John Family

Some friends, Robin and Richard, from our Chicago days were traveling through Brisbane on their way to Perth. We met them at the airport during their brief stopover. They had flown from FL to LA, had a 12-hour layover (they went to the beach and rented bikes), flew LA to Brisbane then were boarding another 5-hour flight to Perth. All of them, kids included, were in remarkably good spirits. They hardly looked fatigued!

Thanks for the lovely coffee and chat!

The Johns scrambling for their next flight

As an aside, I am a bit of a "stress case" when I travel. Because only ticketed passengers can pass through security in the U.S., I haven't been in an airport terminal as a non-traveler in years. For domestic flights in Australia, any person can pass through security into the terminal. I found the experience rather relaxing as a non-traveler--I watched the stress around me from the safety of my worry-free bubble. In fact, if I had been holding any tension in my body, I think the travelers took it with them. No more yoga or massage for me! In the future, I'll just visit the airport!

No comments: