Saturday, November 03, 2007

Daddy's Home!


Tim just returned from a two week trip to the U.S. It sounds like he had a good time visiting family in Denver, friends in Chicago, and family & friends in MN/SD. He managed to run the Denver half marathon while he was there and said he was pleased with his time.

I gotta say that I commend all of those single parents out there. It is really hard to remain patient with a toddler when you don't get any breaks or have any help nearby. Fortunately, I knew it was only for a short period of time.

Max has finally decided that he is old enough to sleep through the night (the decision was made with a little prompting from Mom & Dad). Anyway, he sleeps from about 7 until 5:30. I love it! We are early birds ourselves so 5:30 is very reasonable, especially after a full nights sleep!

Now that Tim is home, Max is back to calling me Mommy (with a few "Rachels" thrown in now and again). It was cute when he first started saying "Rachel" but I missed being "Mommy". He also started tugging on his clothes this week b/c he wanted to run naked. It amazes me how much kids enjoy being naked.

Max has also become a pretty good eater again. He actually ate a taco salad tonight (greens and all!) for dinner. He still doesn't eat with a spoon or fork very well so he uses his hands most of the time. I find that I can mix just about anything with rice and he will gobble it up.

I had a soccer game today. My team made it to the final match to decide first and second place in the league. We walloped our opponents! I guess the other team had not lost a game in four seasons so it was a pretty big deal. I was voted player of the match...which is always a little more exciting when you are playing with a bunch of younguns. Just a little tooting of my own horn :-)

The pic: Max has new swimming duds!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Go on tooting that horn all you want. You are amazing. That's so fun that you can keep up on your soccer playing. Props to Tim on the half marathon! You guys are so athletic! I'm sure little Max will be the same way

LJ said...

MVP way to go Rachel! You are a super soccer star. Am glad to hear you are out playing. There is hope for mothers everywhere that exercise is not a fantasy after babies. Max, as always, is adorable! Love from Oxford. Lucinda