Wednesday, June 04, 2008

"I Love You"

I've been giving Max "time outs" in his bedroom for hitting (he usually just hits us).  When I open the door at the end of his "time out," I give him a hug and say, "Mommy loves you, Max, but you don't hit"...yada yada yada.  The last couple of days, any time that I say "I love you" to Max, he replies either "hit" or "don't hit."  Oops.  I guess I should tell him that I love him at other times than during a "time out."

Here's another recurrent dialogue between Max and me from a few weeks back"

Max (pointing at potted plant): dee-doe
Me: Yes, Max, a spider lives there (which is true--it emerges from the rim of the plant every time I water it)
Max: touch
Me: You're right.  We don't touch spiders.
Max: dane-juss
Me: Yes, they can be dangerous.

We had been observing this spider for a couple of weeks.  It's pretty obvious what I had been telling him about spiders.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I love his fun little personality! He seems like he is just so much fun. I keep forgetting that your seasons are opposite of ours and kind of get thrown for a loop with the "bundled up" pictures. Anyway, he is so darling! If by any chance you are going to be in the US this next week, we would love for you to come to Belle's Birthday Party :0)